Gather detailed statistics and deploy impressive business solutions with Zabbix 4.0
About This Book
- Experience the full impact of this useful and increasingly popular tool - Zabbix 4.0
- Manage hosts and system maintenance to keep your network performing for the people who use it
- A step-by-step guide to smarter network monitoring
Who This Book Is For
If you're new to Zabbix look no further than this book. This book is for system and network administrators who are looking to put their knowledge to work with Zabbix 4.0.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to install Zabbix server and one agent from source
- Manage hosts, users, and permissions while acting upon monitored conditions
- Visualize data with the help of ad-hoc graphs, custom graphs, maps, and reports
- Simplify complex configurations and learn to automate them
- Monitor everything from web pages to IPMI devices and Java applications to and VMware stats
- Configure Zabbix to send alerts including problem severity and time period
- Troubleshoot any network issue - fast
This book is a perfect starting point for monitoring with Zabbix. Even if you’ve never used a monitoring solution before, this book will get you up and running quickly, before guiding you into more sophisticated operations with ease. You'll soon feel in complete control of your network, ready to meet any challenges you might face.
Starting with the installation, you will discover the new features in Zabbix 4.0. You will then get to grips with native Zabbix agents and SNMP devices. You will also explore Zabbix's integrated functionality for monitoring Java application servers and VMware.
The book also covers notifications, permission management, system maintenance, and troubleshooting - so you can be confident that every potential challenge and task is under your control. If you're working with larger environments, you'll also be able to find out more about distributed data collection using Zabbix proxies.
Once you're confident and ready to put these concepts into practice, you will find out how to optimize and improve performance. Troubleshooting network issues is vital for anyone working with Zabbix, so the book is also on hand to help you work through any technical snags and glitches you might face. By the end of this book, you will learn more advanced techniques to fine tune your system and make sure it is in a healthy state.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.59(d)|
About the Author
Patrik Uytterhoeven has over 16 years of experience in IT, mostly with HP Unix and Red Hat Linux. In late 2012, he joined Open-Future, a leading open source integrator and the first Zabbix reseller and training partner in Belgium. When Patrik joined Open-Future, also became a Zabbix Certified Trainer. Since then, he has provided training and public demonstrations around the world, from Belgium to America and Asia. The next step was to author a book, so the first Zabbix cookbook was born. Because Patrik also has a deep interest in configuration management, he wrote some Ansible roles. Patrik is also a technical reviewer of Learning Ansible and Ansible Configuration Management, both published by Packt Publishing.
Rihards Olups has over 15 years of experience in IT, most of it with open source solutions. Previously employed by a government agency, he was mostly involved in open source software deployment, ranging from server to desktop-grade software, with a big emphasis on Zabbix. Later, he joined Zabbix SIA. While at Zabbix, he helped Zabbix users and customers get the most value out of the monitoring tool and was responsible for delivering Zabbix training sessions. He started working on the very first book on Zabbix, Zabbix 1.8 Network Monitoring, before joining Zabbix, and he finalized that book with even more in-depth details while helping advance Zabbix.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Zabbix
- Getting Your First Notification
- Monitoring with Zabbix Agents and Basic Protocols
- Monitoring SNMP Devices
- Managing Hosts, Users and Permissions
- Detecting Problems with Triggers
- Acting upon Monitored Conditions
- Simplifying Complex Configuration with Templates
- Using Dashboards, Screens and Slideshows
- Advanced Item Monitoring
- Automating configuration
- Monitoring Web Pages
- High-level Business Service Monitoring
- Monitoring IPMI Devices
- Monitoring Java Applications
- Monitoring VMware
- Using Proxies to Monitor Remote Locations
- Encrypting Zabbix Traffic
- Working closely with data
- Zabbix Maintenance
- Visualizing Data with Graphs and Maps
- Monitoring Windows
- (Appendix A) Troubleshooting
- (Appendix B) Being Part of the Community