|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
• Certified as Sexuality Educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
• Has presented educational programs about sexuality for thousands of teens in schools, religious organizations, and other community settings
• Since 1992, has presented professional trainings on teaching sexuality, for school teachers from preschool to high school level, and other youth-serving professionals
• Served as core staff for Training Institute in Sexual Health Education (TISHE), 2003, 2004, 2009-2012; Northwest Institute for Community Health Educators (NICHE), 2002; Great Lakes Institute for Community Health Educators (GLICHE), 2006
• Trainer of facilitators for Our Whole Lives, a sexuality education curriculum developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ. (Levels: Grades 7-9; 10-12; Adult; Young Adult)
• Facilitator for Sexual Attitude Reassessment (SAR) seminar
Rev. Dr. Tanya Marie Eustace is an ordained deacon in the Rio Texas Conference and currently serves as Director, Children and Intergenerational Ministries at Discipleship Ministries (formerly known as the General Board of Discipleship). Bishop Janice Riggle Huie appointed her to this new position beginning on July 1. Dr. Eustace will be serving the District Strategy Teams to assist them in their ministries with children, youth and adults. Her first assignment is to meet individuals and to understand the needs of each district and its churches.
As a native Texan, Tanya was born in Houston and grew up in Midland. She graduated with honors with a bachelor’s degree in Music and Religion from Austin College in Sherman, TX. She attained a Masters of Divinity from Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Tanya received her doctorate of philosophy in Christian education and congregational studies from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary. Children's spirituality was her research focus. She has 19 years of experience as a Christian Educator and Minister to Children and Families in the local church.
Dr. Leigh Meekins earned a Ph.D. in Education from Capella University with a focus on Multiple Intelligences and is ordained in The United Methodist Church. Leigh has served in local congregations of all sizes as well as on the conference staff for Children's ministries. With over 20 years experience, she understands the needs of children to explore God's word and to begin to live a faith-filled life for themselves.