From 1884 to 1894, between the ages of 25 and 35, Walter Camp established his reputation as "the father of American football." He was the first coach, a tireless promoter of the sport, the most prominent member of the rules committee, and a prolific writer.
The 36 articles and 1 book in this volume were read by aspiring football players nationwide. They used Camp's information and advice as an instruction manual for the game they were just starting to learn. His works form the most influential body of work in football history.
The source material was scanned directly from the original publications and restored by The Lost Century of Sports Collection.
Other football books in The Lost Century of Sports Collection include The Lost Century of American Football, The American Football Trilogy, The First Decade of College Football, Football Linemen, and Classic Football Art.
About the Author
Football books in The Lost Century of Sports Collection are:
1. The Lost Century of American Football: Reports from the Birth of a Game, 1801-1900
2. The American Football Trilogy: The Founding Documents of the Gridiron Game, Written by 3 Hall of Fame Coaches and the Man Who Invented the Flying Wedge
3. Classic Football Art: Hundreds of Illustrations Originally Published in 19th Century Newspapers
4. The First Crusade Against Football: Injuries, Brutality and Death in American Football from Bloody Monday to the Flying Wedge: Media Reports from 1827 to 1898
5. The First Decade of College Football: Published Reports of American Football, 1869-1879
6. Walter Camp in Print: A Portfolio of Rare Articles by the First Football Coach and Father of the American Game, 1884-1894
7. Football Linemen: The Center, Tackle & Ends, 1891-1893
Other books in The Lost Century of Sport Collection include:
8. Daughters of the Lost Century: The Playful Pioneers of American Women's Sports & Fitness, 1849-1909
9. The First Decade of Women's Basketball: A Time Capsule of Media Reports from the Dawn of the Game, 1892-1905
10. The Mysterious Birth of the Curve Ball and the Art of Pitching: Media Reports from 1869 to 1921
11. A Gallery of Dogs in the 19th Century
12. The White House Billiard Table Scandal: Excerpts of American Political Discourse during the era of Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams (ebook)