This book applies the historical materialist, or Marxist view of urban sociology and collates some fundamental sources of this perspective available.
This book was first published in 1976.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.69(h) x 0.49(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: historical materialist approaches to urban sociology
Critique of existing urban sociology
2. Is there an urban sociology? Manuel Castells
3. Theory and ideology in urban sociology, Manuel Castells
Historical materialist approaches
4. Property development and the economic foundations of the urban question, Francois Lamarche
5. Contribution to a Marxist theory of capitalist urbanization, Jean Lojkine
6. Theoretical propositions for an experimental study of urban social movements, Manuel Castells
An application: the study of urban protest
7. The struggle agains urban renewal in the 'Cite d'Aliarte' ( Paris), Jose Olives
8. On the study of urban social movements, C.G. Pickvance