About the Author
Thomas W. Hoekstra is director of Sustainability International in Loveland, Colorado.
Table of ContentsPreface
1. The Principles of Ecological Integration
2. The Landscape Criterion
3. The Ecosystem Criterion
4. The Community Criterion
5. The Organism Criterion
6. The Population Criterion
7. The Biome and Biosphere Criteria
8. Narratives for Complexity
9. Management of Ecological Systems
10. A Unified Approach to Basic Research
What People are Saying About This
In my work I have tried to find ways of shortening the loop between ecological theory and practice. Heretofore, to do that, I've had to make reference to a score of books. Now I can refer both students and colleagues to one.
Bruce L. Bandurski, Ecomanagement Adviser, Intenational Joint Commission, U.S.A. and Canada