In Sir Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders Pets, Sir Tony Robinson takes you on a headlong gallop through time, pointing out all the most important, funny, strange, amazing, entertaining, smelly bits about pets. It's history, but not as we know it!
Find out everything you ever needed to know about pets through time in this brilliant colour illustrated, action-packed, fact-filled book, including:
- The fact that the Egyptians worshipped cats and even shaved off their eyebrows to mourn them when they died
- The brilliant and extremely useful jobs that animals did and still do for us in times of war
- A whole array of bizarre animals through time, including medieval squirrels!
- The pets who help us in everyday life
- Pet fashions and fashionable pets
And lots of other facts about the amazing pets that we spend our lives with.
What are you waiting for? Let's get going . . .
For more funny history facts discover the whole series!
About the Author
Sir Tony Robinson is most famous for playing the role of Baldrick in Blackadder but he made his first professional appearance at the age of thirteen in the original stage version of Oliver! and went on to appear with the Chichester Festival Theatre, the RSC and the National Theatre. He wrote and starred in Maid Marian And Her Merry Men, and presented Time Team for twenty years. He has made numerous factual series, including The Worst Jobs In History and Tony Robinson's Time Walks. He is a multi award-winning children's television writer and has authored many children's books including the history series Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders. He has also written several books for adults.