Around the world the disruptive promises of the infamous dot com bubble of the late nineties and early noughties are finally being realised. The current generation of IT that had Cloud enter everyday vocabulary has businesses embracing digital transformation and digital enabled business methods. As a result, a new requirement has emerged for a different kind of Operating Model – a Digital Operating Model (DOM). As we will explain, the Digital Operating Model is the new lingua franca for the business and IT teams to communicate and collaborate and get down to work. The digital agenda is commanding CEO attention worldwide, and its outcomes will set the scene for high-speed business change over the next decade.
The balance between agility and control is a key theme in this book, and we will advocate the necessity of (some) sacrifice of control in order to enable the agility now demanded by a business competing in a digital world.
|Product dimensions:||6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.53(d)|
Table of Contents
Part 1 Business
'What the leadership team need to know'
1. The Digital Age 1
2. The Digital Wave 7
3. The Way Ahead 17
4. Digital Countdown – The Race is On 25
5. Agile – Small Word Quick Work 37
6. The Business Questions 45
Part 2 Technical
'What the technical team need to know'
7. A New Operating Model 79
8. Strategy and Service Providers 83
9. Procurement and Financial Governance 97
10. Service Management 105
11. Access Control, Security and Policy 123
12. Monitoring, Management and Automation 139
13. DevOps and Application Development 147
14. The Technical Questions 165
15. Funny You Should Say That 203
16. Final Word 211