This comprehensive text, featuring the integration of numerous theoretical developments, offers a complete, consistent description of the linear theory of the viscoelastic behavior of materials. Relevant theoretical formulations are derived from a continuum mechanics viewpoint, followed by discussions of problem-solving techniques.
Topics cover viscoelastic stress strain constitutive relations, isothermal boundary value problems, thermoviscoelasticity, mechanical properties and approximate transform inversion, problems of a nontransform type, wave propagation, general theorems and formulations, nonlinear viscoelasticity, and nonlinear mechanical behavior. The text, which is ideal for graduate-level students, also includes Appendixes and an Index.
Table of Contents
1. Viscoelastic Stress Strain Constitutive Relations
2. Isothermal Boundary Value Problems
4. Mechanical Properties and Approximate Transform Inversion
5. Problems of a Nontransform Type
6. Wave Propagation
7. General Theorems and Formulations
8. Nonlinear Viscoelasticity
9. Nonlinear Mechanical Behavior