Learn to read with The Yak Pack: Comics & Phonics!
Join Zak the Yak on a comic adventure series that teaches important phonics skills for early reading.
Book 1 of 4 - Short Vowels
The first comic book in the series features 6 fully decodable stories that each practice a different short vowel sound as well as comprehension and phonological awareness practice after each story. Sounds practiced:
- Short A
- Short O
- Short I
- Short E
- Short U
- Review story for all the short vowels
Complete the Yak Pack series (4 books) to teach more phonics patterns!
The Yak Pack: Comics & Phonics
An innovative comic book series for teaching early reading at home or in the classroom. These books:
- Are parent-friendly
- Appeal to young and older students with modern-style comics
- Target a different sound in each story in sequential order
- Encourage independent reading by using only simple sight words
- Include reading comprehension and phonological awareness practice after each story
- Were written and developed by certified teachers
Combine the Phonics Readers with The Yak Pack: Sight Word Stories (100 Dolch Sight Words) for a complete early reading experience!
About the Author
Author Jennifer Makwana is a certified teacher at Ruth Rumack's Learning Space. She holds a Bachelor of Education and a diploma in Early Childhood Education. Jennifer lives in Toronto with her husband and two children.