Dating as we know it is less than a century old. Not only is it a recent cultural development, but technology, affluence and ideological change have kept the RULES of dating changing at such a pace that each generation has been forced to reinvent them again and again. Today people are waiting longer to get married, so they're dating longer than ever before. As educations and careers increase in importance, people spend larger chunks of their lives as single adults, dating into older ranges. What is needed is a book which addresses the basics of this constantly evolving strange new world.
If only someone who has been there and seen it all AS IT DEVELPED could create a simple, easy to understand guide to the pitfalls and promises of the current dating environment...
Bill Entzminger has been a psychotherapist for more than forty years specializing in relationship issues. In this book he teaches you the "red light" signals which indicate a toxic relationship in the making and how to identify the people and situations which can only lead to dating failure. He covers "yellow light" situations which can be worked through if you are prepared with the necessary knowledge to handle them in a competent manner. Lastly, he describes the "green lights" which indicate a clear path ahead for dating success.
- Learning about the American way to choose a mate,
- Finding and attracting your best match,
- Managing first impressions,
- Improving your communication skills,
- Upgrading your various selves; Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Spiritual & Volitional,
- Dealing with recent divorce,
- Taking time to heal,
- Understanding codependence, the equalizing factor in unequal relationships,
- Using reality checks from friends & family,
- Trying again (and knowing when not to),
- Recognizing mental disorders,
- Dealing with addictions,
- Avoiding criminal lifestyle,
- Letting "Yellow Lights" be your friends.
This book covers:
Dating leads us to our ultimate mates, whether we intend it to or not. You owe it to yourself to learn all you can about this modern institution. To improve your odds of being selected for dating by the people you are interested in and increase your success in attracting desireable potential partners, read "The Red Light District" today.