Using documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, recently opened archival collections, and interviews with the actual participants, Immerman provides us with a definitive, powerfully written, and tension-packed account of the United States' clandestine operations in Guatemala and their consequences in Latin America today.
Table of Contents
- 1. Truman, Eisenhower, and the Cold War in Latin America
- 2. Underdevelopment, Repression, and Revolution
- 3. The Revolutionary Governments: Communism or Nationalism?
- 4. The View from the North
- S. From Truman to Eisenhower: The Road to Intervention
- 6. Project PBSUCCESS: The Preparation
- 7. Project PBSUCCESS: The Coup
- 8. Project PBSUCCESS: The Legacy