Add a dash of cool to your cocktail with The Brooklyn Bartender, an entertaining and informative illustrated guide for anyone who wants to mix delicious, unique and hip variations on classic drinks and spirits.
From "one of the best cocktail writers around" (Library Journal) Carey Jones, comes a unique and practical guide to the most inventive drinks being served by real mixologists in Brooklyn clubs and bars today. Featuring full color images, recipes, tips, and handily organized by spirit, The Brooklyn Bartender also profiles the bars, pubs, and gastropubs and the resident bartender's recommendations for events and more.
- Chapters on gin, vodka, whiskey, rum and cachaca, tequila, mezcal, brandy, amaro and more
- Details on wine, beer, and bubbly treats
- Techniques, or when to shake and when to stir
- Recipes for syrups and infusions
- Tips on stocking your home bar for any event
- A primer on standard equipment for upping your mixing talent
|Publisher:||Running Press Book Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 8.10(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Carey Jones is a food and drink writer for publications including Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure, Saveur, and many others. A cocktail enthusiast, she has traveled extensively both nationally and internationally to report on spirits and cocktails. She previously served as the managing editor of the James Beard Award-winning website Serious Eats. She lives in Brooklyn.