The American Staffordshire Terrier: Gamester and Guardian is an invaluable reference for every owner of this breed, anyone considering becoming an owner of this breed or anyone simply looking for expert, reliable information on the AmStaff. The chapter topics include an absorbing history, the breed standard with an in-depth explanation of all the requirements, acquiring an AmStaff, keeping your dog happy and thriving, showing, performance activities, and more. An appendix giving important names and addresses and a detailed index round out this excellent resource on the breed.
Howell Best of Breed Library
About the Author
SARAH FOSTER is a tireless advocate of the American Staffordshire Terrier, stressing the breed's many positive attributes. She is a member of several all-breed and specialist dog clubs including the Staffordshire Terrier Club of America, the breed's official AKC parent club, and the North American Versatile Dog Association. Sarah is also an active breeder whose dogs have distinguished themselves in a variety of competitions. Her Avalon prefix graces the names of many beautiful show dogs and cherished companions. Born in London, England, and educated in New York City, she has bred, trained and exhibited dogs and horses her entire life. Also a published poet, Sarah Foster divides much of her time between Nantucket and her home in New York's Westchester County.
Table of Contents
1. Portrait of the American Staffordshire Terrier.
2. Official Standard of the American Staffordshire Terrier.
3. Evolution and Origin of the American Staffordshire Terrier.
4. The Staffordshire Terrier in America.
5. Finding Your Ideal American Staffordshire.
6. Caring for Your American Staffordshire Terrier.
7. Keeping Your American Staffordshire Terrier Happy and Healthy.
8. Performance Activities for the American Staffordshire Terrier.
9. The American Staffordshire Terrier in the Show Ring.
10. What You Should Know About Dog Breeding.