Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine–and the best-selling photography techniques author in the world today–once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of the latest, most important, and most useful Adobe Photoshop techniques for photographers.
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step by step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
The photographer’s workflow in Photoshop has evolved greatly over time, and in this current version of book you’ll wind up doing a lot of your processing and editing in Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw feature (whether you shoot in RAW, JPEG or TIFF–it works for all three). That’s because for years now, Adobe has been adding most of Photoshop’s new features for photography directly into Camera Raw itself. Since today’s photography workflow in Photoshop is based around Camera Raw, about one third of this book is about mastering Camera Raw like a pro. Plus, you’ll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
• The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The most useful retouching techniques for photographers, and how to make “impossible” selections like wind-blown hair (it’s easy, once you know the secrets), and how to use Layers like a pro.
• How to seamlessly remove distracting junk from your images.
• How to stitch panoramas, how to process HDR for a realistic look, and tricks for pulling way more out of your images than you ever dreamed possible.
• The latest Photoshop special effects for photographers (there’s a whole chapter just on these!).
• A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Scott includes a special chapter with his own workflow, from start to finish, plus, each chapter ends with a Photoshop Killer Tips section, packed with time-saving, job-saving tips that make all the difference. He also provides four bonus chapters, along with the images used in the book for download so you can follow right along. If you’re ready to learn all the “tricks of the trade”–the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, retouch, and sharpen their work–then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
About the Author
Scott is a photographer, designer, and award-winning author of more than 80 books, including Photoshop for Lightroom Users, Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop, Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image, The Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers, and The Best of The Digital Photography Book Series.
For the past six years, Scott has been honored with the distinction of being the #1 best-selling author of photography technique books. His book, The Digital Photography Book, part 1, is now the best-selling book on digital photography in history. His books have been translated into dozens of different languages, including Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Taiwanese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Arabic, Swedish, Turkish, Hebrew, and Portuguese, among others. He is a recipient of the prestigious ASP International Award, presented annually by the American Society of Photographers for “…contributions in a special or significant way to the ideals of Professional Photography as an art and a science.” And, he's also a recent recipient of the prestigious HIPA Award for his contributions to photography education worldwide.Scott is Training Director for the official Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour and Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo. He’s a frequent speaker at conferences and trade shows around the world, is featured in a series of online learning courses at KelbyOne.com, and has been training Photoshop users and photographers since 1993.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Raw and Un-Kutt the essentials of camera raw
- Chapter 2 Beyond the Reach camera raw–beyond the basics
- Chapter 3 The Adjustment Bureau camera raw’s adjustment tools
- Chapter 4 Lens correcting lens problems
- Chapter 5 Special Effects effects using camera raw
- Chapter 6 Scream of the Crop how to resize and crop photos
- Chapter 7 Layers of Light layers, selections, and compositing
- Chapter 8 HDR creating high dynamic range images
- Chapter 9 Problem Child fixing common problems
- Chapter 10 Special Edition special effects for photographers
- Chapter 11 Sharp Tale sharpening techniques
- Chapter 12 Dirty Work my step-by-step workflow