- Pub. Date:
The fourth edition of this book is thoroughly updated in accordance with the competency-based curriculum of neuroanatomy as per the revised guidelines of Medical Council of India and health universities across the country, and nearby countries.This profusely illustrated book has been designed in simple and easy to understand language provides essential knowledge of neuroanatomy without extraneous details. Following recent trends of anatomy education, the book in addition to basic information also provides the knowledge through its feature – Clinical correlations.
Ideal for UG and PG entrance examinations, USMLE, PLAB, etc.
• Revised as per the Competency-Based Undergraduate Curriculum and ensured coverage of all the competencies.
• Extensive revision of chapters on Development of the Nervous System, Dermatomes and Muscular Activity, Central Nervous System, Spinal Cord, Brainstem, Cerebellum and Fourth Ventricle, Cerebrum, Basal Nuclei, White Matter of the Cerebrum and Lateral Ventricles, Blood Supply of the Brain, Somatic Motor and Sensory Pathways, Special Senses and Their Neural Pathways.
• Enriched text with newer developments, additional new diagrams, clinical photographs, flowcharts, tables to facilitate greater retention of knowledge.
• Clinical correlations integrated in the text, highlighting practical application of anatomical facts have been modified extensively.
• Additional information of higher academic value presented in a simple way in N.B. to make it more interesting for readers.
• Important facts to remember useful for candidates appearing in various entrance examinations like PGME, USMLE, PLAB, etc.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||42 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1 Development of the Nervous System
2 Organization and Functions of the Nervous System
3 Peripheral Nerves and Ganglia
4 Receptors and Effectors
5 Dermatomes and Muscular Activity
6 Central Nervous System: An Overview
7 Spinal Cord
9 Nuclei, Functional Components and Distribution of Cranial Nerves
10 Cerebellum and Fourth Ventricle
11 Diencephalon and Third Ventricle
13 Basal Nuclei (Basal Ganglia)
14 White Matter of the Cerebrum and Lateral Ventricles
15 Blood Supply of the Brain
16 Meninges and Cerebrospinal Fluid
17 Somatic Motor and Sensory Pathways
18 Special Senses and Their Neural Pathways
19 Reticular Formation and Limbic System
20 Autonomic Nervous System
Multiple Choice Questions