Teaching Science for All Children : Methods / Edition 4 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
Teaching Science for All Children:
Inquiry Methods for Constructing Understanding, 4e
This truncated version of Teaching Science for All Children, now in its fourth edition, includes all of the research and strategies for teaching elementary science but omits the additional content lessons for each of the science disciplines. The methods chapters are identical to those in the larger text and feature the same “Engage, Explore, Explain, Expand, Evaluate” Learning Cycle Feature Lessons, alongside critical updates to NSE standards, explorations of new technology, and strategies for teaching in a diverse classroom. Authoritative coverage of science safety remains a hallmark of this well-respected text.
New to this edition:
- NSES and NETS icons in the margin indicate standards-related content.
- Revamped assessment chapter helps teachers see the connection between standardized tests, teacher assessment, and rubric development.
- Increased discussion of diversity and individual differences throughout the book prepares teachers to work with students in today’s changing classroom.
- Completely revamped technology chapter incorporates ISTE standards and guides teachers to select appropriate resources and media for their lessons.
- Learning Cycle Feature Lessons in the methods chapters now integrate photos and student work samples to enhance understanding and applications of the lesson.
- New MyEducationLab feature box uses an Explore, Enrich and Expand framework for activities to engage readers with video and other media.
Also available in a comprehensive edition containing over 60 lessons!
Teaching Science for All Children: An Inquiry Approach, Fifth Edition ISBN: 9780205594917
Integrated Multimedia Resources
MyEducationLab is a research-based learning tool that brings science teaching to life. Through authentic in-class video footage, interactive simulations, rich case studies, MyEducationLab prepares you for your teaching career by showing you what quality science instruction looks like, providing examples of authentic teacher and student work, and much more. MyEducationLab is easy to use. In your textbook look for the MyEducationLab logo in end-of-chapter boxed features and follow the simple instructions to access the MyEducationLab video or activities that correspond with the chapter content. For more information turn to the MyEducationLab walk-through in the book or go to www.myeducationlab.com.
To order this book WITHOUT MyEducationLab use this ISBN: 9780205593514. To order this book WITH MyEducationLab use this ISBN: 9780205643127.
Table of Contents
1. Who, What, Why, and How? Things You Want to Know About Our Book.
For Whom is This Book Prepared?
What Does this Book Strive to Do?
Our Beliefs About Learning and Teaching.
Beliefs Into Action, A Learning Cycle: Exploration, Explanation, Expansion, and Evaluation.
2. Does Educational Technology Make a Difference? Using Educational Technology to Enrich Your Science Lessons.
What is Educational Technology?
The National Educational Technology Standards.
Why Use Educational Technology? Levels of Use, The Networked Classroom – Removing the Walls.
How Can Educational Technology be Applied in the Context of Science Teaching?
3. Lessons for Constructing Understanding.
Section I: Life Science Lessons.
Section II; Physical Science Lessons.
Section III: Earth and Space Science Lessons.
National Science Education Standards: Content Standards for K-4 and 5-8.
A NSTA Position Statement: Guidelines for Responsible Use of Animals in the Classroom.
A NSTA Position Statement: Liability of Teachers for Laboratory Safety and Field Trips.
A NSTA Position Statement: Laboratory Science.