Plenty of managers know how to interview but few can interview well. Successful Interviewing and Recruitment teaches you how to structure the interview, spot exceptional candidates and hire only the best who will add value to your business. Guiding you towards questions to ask as well as questions not to ask, you will learn how to challenge candidates while treating them fairly, so that the best candidates will want to work for you.
Based on proven techniques, this book tells you how to put a candidate at ease, helps you to construct competency-based questions, shows you how to identify liars and helps you to design practical tests to measure candidates abilities. Packed with practical information for anyone from the owner of a small company to managing director of an international business, it is an indispensible guide that will help you to choose the right person for the job.
About the Author
Dr Rob Yeung is a business psychologist and director at consultancy Talentspace. He specialises in interviewing candidates on behalf of employers as well as training them in interview skills. He is a TV presenter and is frequently asked to contribute to newspapers and magazines ranging from The Guardian and Financial Times to Men's Health and Psychologies. He writes a monthly column for Accountancy magazine and has written fourteen books.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 01: Why learn to interview properly?;
- Chapter - 02: Structuring the interview;
- Chapter - 03: Developing your questioning skills;
- Chapter - 04: Avoiding poor questions;
- Chapter - 05: Honing your listening skills;
- Chapter - 06: Preparing to interview;
- Chapter - 07: Opening the interview;
- Chapter - 08: Competencies and example interview questions;
- Chapter - 09: Discussing money;
- Chapter - 10: Wrapping up the interview;
- Chapter - 11: Rating candidates and making a decision;
- Chapter - 12: Evaluating and improving the interview process;
- Chapter - 13: Creating useful interview documents;
- Chapter - 14: Final words