This book is an essential survival guide for students who are about to embark on study or work placement in Germany. It is a practical, user-friendly and up-to-date handbook, with a wealth of information and useful tips. It contains valuable material on registration, application procedures for courses and accommodation, and how to find work placement and insurance. It also includes descriptions of over 70 German academic institutions, all designed specifically for a student encountering Germany for the first time.
|Publisher:||Manchester University Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.60(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Peter James is Head of German at the University of Northumbria in Newcastle.
David Kaufman is Senior Lecturer in German at the University of Northumbria in Newcastle.
Table of Contents
• Practical Advice Before You Leave
• Completing the Forms
• Using the Internet as a Research Tool Prior to Departure for Germany
• Practical Advice for When You Are in Germany
• Working in Germany
• Leaving Germany and Returning Home
• German Institutions of Higher Education and Their Location