Study Guide for Pharmacology and the Nursing Process / Edition 6 available in Paperback
33.95 Out Of Stock
Prepare for success in pharmacology and on the NCLEX Examination with the Study Guide for Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 8th Edition. Designed to accompany Lilley’s Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 8th Edition textbook, this workbook features worksheets for each chapter that include NCLEX-RN® Examination−style review questions, critical thinking and application questions, case studies, and other educationally sound learning activities.
- Chapter-by-chapter worksheets are divided into 3 main sections: Chapter Review and NCLEX Examination Preparation, Critical Thinking and Application, and Case Study.
- Focus on prioritization features at least one prioritization exercise in which the reader must evaluate a clinical scenario and answer the question: "What is the nurse’s best action?"
- Overview of dosage calculations section contains explanations of key drug calculations, concepts, sample drug labels, practice problems, and a practice quiz.
- Answers for all exercises are provided at the back of the book to facility self-study.
- Learning strategies expands upon the unique, cartoon-illustrated study strategies included in the Lilley text.
- NEW! Expanded NCLEX focus includes one to two additional NCLEX Examination-style questions for each chapter, including additional alternate item format types.
- Chapter review and NCLEX Examination preparation included in each chapter worksheet contains a number of application-based NCLEX practice questions, including at least one alternate-item question per chapter.
- NEW! Updated content is completely current and consistent with the Lilley textbook.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Linda Lilley, RN, PhD, is University Professor and Associate Professor Emeritus at the School of Nursing at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.Julie S. Snyder, MSN, RN-BC, teaches at the School of Nursing at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia and works in the clinical field as well, enabling her to bring comprehensive insight to the book.Shelly Collins, PharmD, has decades of clinical experience in which she has been responsible for overseeing system-wide pharmaceutical safety.
Table of ContentsStudent Study Tips
- The Nursing Process and Drug Therapy
- Pharmacologic Principles
- Life Span Considerations
- Cultural, Legal, and Ethical Considerations
- Gene Therapy and Pharmacogenomics
- Medication Errors: Preventing and Responding
- Patient Education and Drug Therapy
- Over-the-Counter Drugs and Herbal and Dietary Supplements
- Substance Abuse
- Photo Atlas of Drug Administration
- Analgesic Drugs
- General and Local Anesthetics
- Central Nervous System Depressants and Muscle Relaxants
- Central Nervous System Stimulant Drugs
- Antiepileptic Drugs
- Antiparkinsonian Drugs
- Psychotherapeutic Drugs
- Adrenergic Drugs
- Adrenergic-Blocking Drugs
- Cholinergic Drugs
- Cholinergic-Blocking Drugs
- Heart Failure Drugs
- Antidysrhythmic Drugs
- Antianginal Drugs
- Antihypertensive Drugs
- Diuretic Drugs
- Fluids and Electrolytes
- Coagulation Modifier Drugs
- Antilipemic Drugs
- Pituitary Drugs
- Thyroid and Antithyroid Drugs
- Antidiabetic Drugs
- Adrenal Drugs
- Women’s Health Drugs
- Men’s Health Drugs
- Antihistamines, Decongestants, Antitussives, and Expectorants
- Bronchodilators and Other Respiratory Drugs
- Antibiotics Part 1
- Antibiotics Part 2
- Antiviral Drugs
- Antitubercular Drugs
- Antifungal Drugs
- Antimalarial, Antiprotozoal, and Antihelmintic Drugs
- Antiinflammatory and Antigout Drugs
- Immunosuppressant Drugs
- Immunizing Drugs and Biochemical Terrorism
- Antineoplastic Drugs Part 1: Cancer Overview and Cell Cycle–Specific Drugs
- Antineoplastic Drugs Part 2: Cell Cycle–Nonspecific and Miscellaneous Drugs
- Biologic Response-Modifying Drugs and Antirheumatoid Drugs
- Acid-Controlling Drugs
- Bowel Disorder Drugs
- Antiemetic and Antinausea Drugs
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Nutritional Supplements
- Anemia Drugs
- Dermatologic Drugs
- Ophthalmic Drugs
- Otic Drugs
Overview of Dosage Calculations