- Correlation with textbook chapters makes it easy to move back and forth between the two resources.
- Practice and review questions for each chapter include short answer, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and labeling questions to help reinforce your understanding of terminology and concepts.
- Competency skill checklists provide clear guidelines for performing each dental assisting skill and help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, with perforated pages so that you can detach individual skill sheets for use in clinical settings.
- Patient case exercises use patients on the companion Evolve website’s Interactive Dental Office and include medical and dental histories, radiographs, and charting to help you solve problems relating to patient health issues.
- Video review sections visually reinforce your understanding of text material and help prepare you for patient encounters.
- Removable flashcards summarize key information about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, dental instruments, and dental procedures, offering convenient, on-the-go review and exam preparation.
- Trusted expert authors Doni Bird and Debbie Robinson present information and procedures in a way that makes it easy for you to understand and apply the material.
- NEW! Content matches that in the text, addressing new technology, public health and access to care, teledentistry, Zika virus, Ebola, infection control guidelines, the oral-systemic health connection, and more.
- NEW! Anatomy and tooth morphology labeling exercises help you master key foundational content essential to dental assisting practice.
- NEW! Additional Dentrix practice management exercises have been added to the Dentrix Learning Edition software, enabling you to work with patient data much like you will in the office environment.
- NEW! Additional content supporting the dental assisting externship provides information and resources to support practicum.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
Table of ContentsPART 1 The Dental Assisting Profession
1 History of Dentistry
2 The Professional Dental Assistant
3 The Dental Healthcare Team
4 Dental Ethics
5 Dentistry and the Law
PART 2 Sciences in Dentistry
6 General Anatomy
7 General Physiology
8 Oral Embryology and Histology
9 Head and Neck Anatomy
10 Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity
11 Overview of the Dentitions
12 Tooth Morphology
PART 3 Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
13 Dental Caries
14 Periodontal Disease
15 Preventive Dentistry
17 Oral Pathology
PART 4 Infection Prevention in Dentistry
19 Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
20 Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
21 Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
PART 5 Occupational Health and Safety
22 Regulatory and Advisory Agencies
23 Chemical and Waste Management
24 Dental Unit Waterlines
PART 6 Patient Information and Assessment
26 The Patient Record
27 Vital Signs
28 Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
29 The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient
30 Principles of Pharmacology
31 Assisting in a Medical Emergency
PART 7 Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
32 The Dental Office
33 Delivering Dental Care
34 Dental Hand Instruments
35 Dental Handpieces and Accessories
36 Moisture Control
37 Anesthesia and Pain Control
PART 8 Dental Radiography
38 Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiation Safety
39 Digital Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
40 Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Control
41 Intraoral Imaging
42 Extraoral Imaging
PART 9 Dental Materials
43 Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
44 Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
45 Dental Cements
46 Impression Materials
47 Laboratory Materials and Procedures
PART 10 Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
48 General Dentistry
49 Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
50 Fixed Prosthodontics
51 Provisional Coverage
52 Removable Prosthodontics
53 Dental Implants
56 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
57 Pediatric Dentistry
58 Coronal Polishing
59 Dental Sealants
PART 11 Dental Administration and Communication Skills
61 Communication in the Dental Office
62 Business Operating Systems
63 Financial Management in the Dental Office
64 Marketing Your Skills