Now that you’ve bought the amazing Sony a7 series camera, you need a book that goes beyond a tour of the camera’s features to show you exactly how to use the camera to take great pictures. With Sony a7 Series: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you get the perfect blend of photography instruction and camera reference that will take your images to the next level! Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
Follow along with your friendly and knowledgeable guide, Pulitzer Prize—winning photographer and author Brian Smith, and you will:
- Learn the top ten things you need to know about shooting with the Sony a7 series cameras
- Learn to use the camera’s advanced camera settings to gain full control over the look and feel of your images
- Master the photographic basics of composition, focus, depth of field, and much more
- Learn all the best tricks and techniques for getting great action shots, landscapes, and portraits
- Find out how to get great photos in low light
- Learn the basics behind shooting video with your a7 series camera and start making movies of your own
- Understand the nuances of your menu settings and how to customize your camera
- Learn more about lens mount adopters, creative compositions, and accessories through three downloadable bonus chapters
- Grasp all the concepts and techniques as you go, with assignments at the end of every chapter
And once you’ve got the shot, show it off! Join the book’s Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you use your camera to get great shots at flickr.com/groups/sonya7-a7rfromsnapshotstogreatshots.
About the Author
For the past 30 years, Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Brian Smith’s bold, iconic portraits of famous celebrities, athletes, and executives have appeared in advertising and graced the covers and pages of such magazines as LIFE, Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, Time, Forbes, New York Times Magazine, and British GQ. Smith won the Pulitzer Prize for his photographs of the Los Angeles Olympics and was a Pulitzer finalist for his photographs of Haiti in turmoil. He’s a Sony Artisan of Imagery, Lowepro Lowe Professional, X-Rite Coloratti, and he’s president of Editorial Photographers, an organization of the top magazine photographers and newspaper photojournalists from around the world.