Has science shoved parents out of the nursery? Judging from the steady stream of headlines, one would think biologists have discovered a gene for every aspect of behavior. Now, Winifred Conkling reassures us that there's still room to help our children reach their personal best. In clear, compassionate language, Conkling tells parents how to make practical use of the latest research on early brain development, offering invaluable advice on how to:
- Create a nurturing environment in which you child can grow cognitively
- Encourage movement and motor development
- Stimulate speech and language development
- Foster a child's emotional health and personal identity
- Make toy and food choices appropriate to each stage of development
With specific, sound advice; readable charts and timetables; and clear, easy-to-understand language, Winifred Conkling translates the latest scientific discoveries into useful ways to help your child live up to his or her fullest potential.
|File size:||291 KB|
About the Author
Winifred Conkling has written many nonfiction books for adults and children. She earned an MFA in writing for children and young adults from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. Winifred lives in Northern Virginia with her family. Visit her online at www.winifredconkling.com.