- Organization of terms by specialty allows you to accurately identify the correct word.
- A 16-page full-color insert shows anatomy by body systems and region.
- Three convenient sections provide a quick reference:
- General Terms includes general medical terms, general surgical terms, and laboratory, pathology, and chemistry terms
- Specialties includes terms from 18 different specialties
- Guide to Terminology includes abbreviations, anatomy plates, combining forms, and rules for forming plurals
- Selected entries include both the correct spelling and a phonetic spelling for terms that may be difficult to spell.
- 100 commonly misspelled English words frequently used in dictation.
- Unique! All forms of words are listed, including adjectives and adverbs, plus the "s" form of verbs.
- Unique! Includes slang, physician-coined words, and brief forms along with their expansions.
- Unique! Phrases can be found under the adjective and under the noun main entry.
- Author Ellen Drake is a nationally known speaker and expert in medical transcription.
- New terms ensure that you have the most up-to-date information available.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 8.30(h) x 1.70(d)|
Table of ContentsSection 1: General Medical Words
Anatomy Orientation 16-page full-color insert
General Medical Terms
General Surgical Terms
General Pharmaceutical Information
Section 2: Medical Words by Specialty
Dermatology & Allergy
Psychiatry, Neurology, and Neurosurgery
Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
Section 3: Reference Guides to Medical Words
Abbreviations and Symbols
Table of Weights & Measures
Combining Forms in Medical Terminology
Rules for Forming Plurals
Contents may vary upon publication.