We Are All Learners, Struggling to Pray
Prayer can be intimidating. The idea of speaking directly to God can leave you tongue-tied, not sure what words to use, how to begin or how to end. This compelling, multifaith guidebook offers you companionship and encouragement on the journey to a healthy prayer life. Unlocking six secrets about what prayer actually is, it invites you into the practices of prayer, meditation and contemplation, showing you that prayer doesn’t have to be perfect, it doesn’t need formulas and it doesn’t have to be planned.
Discover secrets that will expand your prayer life:
- There Are Multiple Ways of Experiencing the Holy
- Your Body Is a Source of Energy for Prayer
- Your Senses Are Vehicles of Prayer
- Diversity Nourishes Prayer
- Interconnectedness Gives Prayer Life
- To Learn about Prayer, You Need to Pray
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Product dimensions:||2.36(w) x 3.54(h) x 0.44(d)|
About the Author
Nancy Corcoran, CSJ, has been leading multifaith workshops and seminars on prayer, meditation and ritual for over a decade. She is a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph, a Roman Catholic religious community, and founder of grass/roots: Women's Spirituality Center (www.grassrootscenter.org), a cutting-edge, organic organization that facilitates "creating community one conversation at a time." She is the Catholic Chaplain for Wellesley College.
Nancy Corcoran, CSJ, is available to speak on the following topics:
- Loitering with Intent
- The Sacredness of Disobedience
- What's G*d Got To Do With It?
- Nuns and the "F" Word
- Can the Church Keep Its Young People?