Science for All Children: Methods for Constructing Understanding / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.56(w) x 9.16(h) x 0.84(d)|
Table of Contents
All chapters open with "Introduction" and conclude with "Chapter Summary," "Discussion Questions and Projects," and "Build a Portfolio."
I. THE EXPLORATION: METHODS AND BEST PRACTICES FOR EFFECTIVE SCIENCE TEACHING.
1. How Can We Help Learners to Inquire and Construct Scientific Meaning?
2. How Can You Use Demonstrations, Direct Instruction, and Textbooks Effectively?
II. THE EXPLANATION: MODERN SCIENCE TEACHING BENEFITS FROM INQUIRY-BASED, INTERACTIVE APPROACHES TO LEARNING.
3. What Is Science?
4. How Do Children Learn Science?
5. How Can You Teach Science for All Children?
6. What Goals Promote Scientific Literacy?
III. THE EXPANSION: CONTINUING OUR LEARNING, DEVELOPING SKILLS, AND USING THE TOOLS OF SCIENCE.
7. How Can You Plan Constructivist Science Lessons and Assess Student Performance?
8. How Can You Use Questions to Promote Science Inquiry?
9. How Can You Create a Safe and Efficient, Activity-Based Science Classroom?
10. Science Materials, Programs and Resources: What Are the Best Practices?
11. How Can You Use Educational Technology to Enrich Your Classroom?