In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to create great websites, collaboration and content management applications, and social solutions with SharePoint Foundation 2010! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn how to build, administer, and secure solutions with the free version of SharePoint 2010. One step at a time, you’ll master libraries, lists, and other powerful features; create blogs and wikis; provide advanced search and workflow; integrate SharePoint with Office; and much more. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, helping you get the job done fast–-and get it done right!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SharePoint Foundation 2010 tasks.
Quizzes at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Install SharePoint Foundation 2010 and use the Administration Site
- Add users, provide user access rights, and enforce authentication
- Plan the most effective structure for your site
- Make the most of libraries, lists, views, folders, Web parts, and other powerful features
- Construct and work with wikis, blogs, and other social features
- Provide fast, efficient search with Microsoft Search Server 2010 Express
- Integrate either Office 2007 or Office 2010 with SharePoint Foundation
- Share OneNote notebooks, Access tables, Outlook calendars and contacts, and more
- Instantly create useful reports based on one or more SharePoint lists
- Create efficient workflows with SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010
- Add even more functionality to your sites and applications
About the Author
Mike Walsh was one of the first SharePoint MVPs and has been a SharePoint MVP every year since 2002. A leading voice in SharePoint newsgroups and forums, he maintains a popular SharePoint site at http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com. Mike has been an early beta tester for the last several versions of SharePoint.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
HOUR 1 Introducing SharePoint Foundation 2010 9
HOUR 2 Installing SharePoint Foundation 2010 17
HOUR 3 Adding Users and Giving Them Rights 29
HOUR 4 Using the Administration Site 45
HOUR 5 Planning a Site’s Structure 61
HOUR 6 Using Libraries and Lists 75
HOUR 7 Creating and Using Libraries 89
HOUR 8 Creating and Using Views and Folders 103
HOUR 9 Looking at List Types and the Included Web Parts 119
HOUR 10 Learning About Authentication and Access Rights 135
HOUR 11 Using What We’ve Learned So Far in a Site 151
HOUR 12 Using Wikis and Blogs 169
Part II: Search
HOUR 13 Using SPF 2010 Search and Installing Search Server 2010 Express 191
HOUR 14 Improving Searches 205
Part III: Working with Office Products
HOUR 15 Using Different Versions of the Main Office Products with SPF 2010 223
HOUR 16 Using Outlook 2010 with SPF 2010 241
HOUR 17 Sharing OneNote 2010 or OneNote 2007 Notebooks with SPF 2010 257
HOUR 18 Sharing Access 2010 Tables with SPF 2010 273
HOUR 19 Producing a Report from a Single SPF 2010 List 291
HOUR 20 Creating a Report from Several SPF 2010 Lists 307
Part IV: Workflow and SPD 2010
HOUR 21 Creating Workflows in SPF 2010 329
HOUR 22 Using SharePoint Designer 2010 to Create Workflows 345
HOUR 23 Using SharePoint Designer 2010 to Solve Common User Requests 361
Part V: Other Available Functions and Methods
HOUR 24 Learning to Add Even More Functionality to Your SPF 2010 System 381