Google Voice is a service that lets you manage all your phone numbers through a single, Internet-connected phone number. Google Voice is free, although you still have to pay for your regular phone services. Users select a free phone number and then use that number to manage all their phones. Sams Teach Yourself Google Voice in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical answers for fast results. By working through the 10-minute lessons, you learn everything you need to know to quickly and easily use Google Voice. Step-by-step instructions walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks... "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice and shortcuts... "Watch Out!" alerts help you avoid problems. This book will provide you with fast, at a glance tips pointing out helpful shortcuts and solutions, cautions to help avoid common Google Voice pitfalls, and is written in a clear, easy to understand format. You will learn how to use Google Voice's tons of cool features that go beyond mere voicemail and call forwarding, including:
- Connecting phones using one number, and manage which phone rings when-by time, by caller, and more.
- Find out who's calling so you can answer or route the call to voicemail.
- Get transcribed voicemail messages delivered to an email inbox.
- Record personalized voicemail greetings for specific callers.
- Record calls and save the recordings online
- Google Voice is a revolutionary new free service, which lets you manage all your phone numbers through a single number, among many other cool features
- Organized into lessons that distill the most crucial information on each Google Voice topic
- Tips and cautions point out shortcuts, solutions, and help you avoid common pitfalls
About the Author
Nancy Conner has written on a wide variety of topics, from Microsoft Office to advanced network security. Her first novel, a mystery, was published in 2009. She is also an editor, corporate trainer, and award-winning educator who taught writing to college students for more than a dozen years. Formerly assistant professor at Auburn University, she holds a Ph.D. from Brown University.
Table of ContentsChapter 1: What Is Google Voice?
Chapter 2: Signing up and Getting Started
Chapter 3: Making a Call
Chapter 4: Receiving a Call
Chapter 5: Using Voicemail
Chapter 6: Working with Contacts
Chapter 7: Going Mobile
Chapter 8: Text Messaging
Chapter 9: Getting the Most out of Google Voice
Chapter 10: Troubleshooting Google Voice