Roadcraft is the police handbook for driver training, used by all the emergency services and a key reference for civilian driving instructors. It's essential reading for any driver wanting to develop their driving ability and safety to a more advanced level.
This new edition has been revised, updated and redesigned to include best practice in police driving and learning design. It's been guided by a working group of experienced instructors from the police and other emergency services, who have consulted widely with civilian and academic experts in driving safety.
• how to recognise and manage the personal tendencies, states of mind, emotions and sources of stress that could put you at risk even before you get in your vehicle
• comprehensive explanations and advice to raise your driving abilities to a new level
• main learning points set out at the beginning of each chapter and reviewed at the end - helpful for individual learning or formal instruction
• self-assessment questions throughout to help you review and improve your driving performance and safety
• eco-driving tips to reduce your fuel consumption
• lively full colour illustrations and diagrams to explain the key principles and techniques for better driving
• new chapters on low-speed manoeuvring and emergency response driving
|Publisher:||The Stationery Office Ltd|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||10 MB|