For surgery residents studying for their yearly in-service exam, recent graduates preparing for Surgery written boards, or those recertifying, there’s no better review tool than Dr. Christian DeVirgilio’s Review of Surgery for ABSITE and Boards, 2nd Edition. Content has been tested for a number of years on Harbor-UCLA surgical residents and has proven to significantly improve exam scores. Now thoroughly up to date with new topics, new questions, and new contributors, it fully prepares you for success on surgery exams.
- 957 multiple-choice, single best answer questions that closely follow the new ABSITE and board style.
- Proven content has been tested and shown to help you get the score you want.
- Correct answers and rationales are based on information found in major reference works in the field of surgery.
- NEW topic areas (gynecology, urology, and orthopaedics) reflect the format of the new exam.
- NEW section on Medical Knowledge.
- NEW contributors (general surgery residents) ensure that the content is relevant to the needs of general surgery trainees.
- NEW! Aligned with the SCORE (Surgical Council on Residency Education) Curriculum Outline for General Surgery Residents.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
Table of Contents
PART I PATIENT CARE
Chapter 1. Abdomen – General
Chapter 2. Abdomen – Hernia
Chapter 3. Abdomen – Biliary
Chapter 4. Abdomen – Liver
Chapter 5. Abdomen – Pancreas
Chapter 6. Abdomen – Spleen
Chapter 7. Alimentary Tract – Esophagus
Chapter 8. Alimentary Tract – Stomach
Chapter 9. Alimentary Tract – Small Intestine
Chapter 10. Alimentary Tract – Large Intestine
Chapter 11. Alimentary Tract – Anorectal
Chapter 12. Breast
Chapter 13. Endocrine
Chapter 14. Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
Chapter 15. Surgical Critical Care
Chapter 16. Trauma
Chapter 17. Vascular – Arterial Disease
Chapter 18. Vascular – Venous
Chapter 19. Vascular – Access
Chapter 20. Transplantation
Chapter 21. Thoracic Surgery
Chapter 22. Pediatric Surgery
Chapter 23. Plastic Surgery
Chapter 24. Genitourinary
Chapter 25. Gynecology
Chapter 26. Head and Neck
Chapter 27. Nervous System
PART II MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE
Chapter 28. Anesthesia
Chapter 29. Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
Chapter 30. Immunology
Chapter 31. Infection and Antimicrobial Therapy
Chapter 32. Nutrition and Metabolism
Chapter 33. Oncology and Tumor Biology
Chapter 34. Pharmacology
Chapter 35. Preoperative Evaluation and Perioperative Care
Chapter 36. Transfusion and Disorders of Coagulation
Chapter 37. Wound Healing