Rapture, Revelation, and the End Times: Exploring the Left Behind Series / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Palgrave Macmillan US
|Publisher:||Palgrave Macmillan US|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 7.99(h) x 0.04(d)|
About the Author
Bruce David Forbes is the Arthur L. Bunch Professor of Religious Studies at Morningside College. He is the co-editor of Religion and Popular Culture in America. He holds a Ph.D. in American Religious History from Princeton Theological Seminary.
Jeanne Halgren Kilde is the author of When Church Became Theatre: The Transformation of Evangelical Architecture and Worship in Nineteenth-Century America. She currently teaches in the Religious Studies Department at Macalester College, where she also co-directs their Lilly Project in Work, Ethics and Vocation. She holds a Ph.D. in American Studies from the University of Minnesota.
Table of Contents
• How Popular Are the Left Behind Books, and Why?Bruce Forbes
• What Does the Bible Say About the End Times?Mark Reasoner
• Have Christians Always Believed in the Rapture?Jeanne H. Kilde
• What are the Social and Political Messages in the Left Behind Books?Amy Johnson Frykholm
• Judaism and Left BehindYaakov Ariel
• What are the Various Interpretations of the End Times?Stanley Grenz