No jargon. No confusion. Just solid, fail-safe tips for writers to take their dictation to the next level.
From the author of "The Writer's Guide to Training Your Dragon", this mini-guide will help you choose the right microphone, transcribe on-the-go with Dragon and put you on the path to sky-high word counts. You will also learn little-known tricks, such as:
- Dictating into programs Dragon doesn't support - such as Scrivener;
- Preventing a crash from taking your dictated text with it;
- Creating a "Quiet Profile" for when you need to dictate without disturbing others;
- Using the same profile on multiple computers - and keeping it updated;
- Running your desktop Dragon app on an iPad or Android tablet - anywhere, anytime.
Designed to get you up-and-running with this powerful software in no time, "Quick Cheats for Writing with Dragon" may make you want to never look at a keyboard again!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I have Scott Baker's other book which is very detailed and comprehensive. This is more of an overview on using Dragon for writers that new users or those undecided about the software will find useful. But this also has some advanced tips not in the other book that I have found invaluable. I never realized I could use my Dragon profile on more than one computer and the walkthrough for this alone is worth paying for (and this was free!). There are also sections on using Dragon in Scrivener, dealing with bugs and crashes in the Mac version and remote usage with an iPad. Basically, lots of advice I haven't found elsewhere and well worth a download.