Professional services firms - from the legal sector to accountancy, consulting and beyond - face increased disruption. Service delivery models are under pressure to adapt to changing client expectations. Technology offers new ways of working with clients, but changes the skills profile required of professionals, and threatens the traditional people-centred business model. The Professional Services Leadership Handbook equips leaders, and aspiring leaders, with tools and insights both to tackle these long-term disruptive trends and to maximise their firm's profitability today.
Leaders of professional services firms find themselves with a daunting, but exciting, range of challenges ahead. Using practical insights drawn from experienced professional services leaders, the Professional Services Leadership Handbook explores new models and working practices to address four components of strategic leadership: clients, business, people and self leadership. It offers clear-sighted analysis of common pain points, and provides innovative solutions for dealing with them. This practical guide is designed for everyone involved in leadership decisions, whether that be a practice area, sector group, business function, or even firm-wide leadership role. It will help readers to focus their attention on the activities that will really make a difference to the success of their firm.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Nigel Clark is a non-executive director of the Professional Services Marketing Group. He is also the editor and lead author of the Professional Services Marketing Handbook, published by Kogan Page.
Ben Kent is the founder-director of insight-led consultancy Meridian West. Ben advises leading professional and financial services firms and provides strategic research, consultancy and training.
Alastair Beddow is a director at Meridian West, working with firms of all sizes to develop engaging, differentiated and successful client leading strategies.
Adrian Furner is Managing Director of Kommercialize, a practitioner-led advisory firm focused on commercial excellence.
Nigel Clark has led marketing teams in professional services firms for more than 20 years in sectors including management consulting, legal, environmental consulting, engineering design, business services and project management. He is a former director of the Professional Services Marketing Group (PSMG).
Ben Kent is the founder-director of insight-led consultancy Meridian West. Ben advises many of the world's leading professional and financial services firms on their client engagement, and provides strategic research, consultancy and training for professional firms.
Alastair Beddow is a director at Meridian West, working with professional and financial services firms of all sizes to develop engaging, differentiated and successful client strategies, business development initiatives, and thought leadership campaigns.
Adrian Furner is Managing Director of Kommercialize, the practitioner-led advisory firm focused on commercial excellence. Adrian has held senior corporate leadership positions in which he was responsible for commercial, procurement, and operations, acting as both a customer and a supplier of a diverse range of professional services.
Table of Contents
- Section - ONE: Business Leadership;
- Chapter - 01: Vision – How to Create and Implement a Robust Strategic Plan;
- Chapter - 02: Innovation – How to Reap the Benefits of Innovation in your Firm;
- Chapter - 03: Performance – How to Improve the Profitability of Client Engagements;
- Section - TWO: Client Leadership;
- Chapter - 04: Understanding – How to Stay Attuned to the Changing Needs of your Clients and Markets;
- Chapter - 05: Connecting – How to Foster a Client-Focused Culture in your Firm;
- Chapter - 06: Sales – How to Improve your Firm’s Client Development Success;
- Section - THREE: People Leadership;
- Chapter - 07: “Future-Fit” – How to Foster a Commercial Mind-Set in your Firm;
- Chapter - 08: Motivate and Collaborate – How to Create High-Performing Teams;
- Chapter - 09: Performance – How to Establish a Culture of Continuous Improvement;
- Section - FOUR: Self Leadership;
- Chapter - 10: Forward Reflection – How to Assess your Leadership Potential;
- Chapter - 11: Capability – How to Develop the Skills, Competencies and Experiences to be a Successful Leader;
- Chapter - 12: Balance – How to Succeed as a Leader without Burning Out