Recent years have witnessed the sheer growth of macromolecular concepts and nanotechnology-based innovations in polymer science. Processing and Characterization of Multicomponent Polymer Systems is a collection of contributions from materials science experts across the globe. The fabrication and characterization of polymeric systems are still important in the study of materials science, and the quality measurements of newly designed polymeric stuffs demand systematic and new characterization protocols.
The volume highlights some of the latest innovations and principles of nanostructured polymeric materials and polymer nanocomposites. It is devoted to novel architectures at the nano-level with an emphasis on new synthesis and characterization methods. Organized into several sections, the chapters cover a selection of topics on:
- Biocomposites and nanocomposites
- Interpenetrating polymeric networks and nanostructured materials
- Theoretical protocols for polymers and clusters
- Special topics in polymer processing and polymer coating.
This survey will be an important resource for those involved in the field of polymer materials design for advanced technologies, including scientists, engineers, and budding researchers working in the area of polymer science and nanotechnology.
|Publisher:||Apple Academic Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Jose James is an Assistant Professor in the Research and Post-Graduate Department of Chemistry at St. Joseph’s College in Moolamattom, Idukki, Kerala, India. Mr. James is currently working on a PhD in the faculty development program of the Indian University Grants Commission. He has extensive research experience in the field of interpenetrating polymeric networks (IPNs) and has attended and presented at many international conferences.
Sabu Thomas, PhD, is the Pro-Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University and Founding Director of the International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He is also a full professor of polymer science and engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences of the same university. A prolific author, Dr. Thomas has an H index of 81, and he has six patents to his credit.
Dr. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is an Associate Professor at the School of Pure and Applied Physics and Joint Director of the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He has an active collaboration with national and international scientific institutions around the world.
Yang Weimin, MD, is the Taishan Scholar Professor of Qingdao University of Science and Technology in China. He is a Professor of the College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and Director of the Department of International Exchanges and Cooperation, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China. Dr. Weimin has authored many papers in international peerreviewed journals in the area of polymer processing.
Kaushik Pal, PhD, is a Research Professor in the Department of Nanotechnology and is a Founding Director of the Center for Multidisciplinary Research Excellence (CMRE) at Bharath University, Chennai, India. His novel research findings have resulted in over 50 publications in international peer-reviewed journals and magazines.
Table of Contents
1. Tailoring and Assessing Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)/Organoclay Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications
Azlin Fazlina Osman et al.
2. Gold (Silver)-Polymer Nanocomposites for Biosensing and Microfluidic Applications
Simona Badilescu and Muthukumaran Packirisamy
3. Growth of Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Surface-Treated 2D Poly(Glycerol-Sebacate) Bio-Elastomers of Varying Stiffness
Raju B. Maliger, Peter J. Halley, Justin J. Cooper-White, and Donna Dinnes
4. Enhancement of Impact Strength in Jute Fiber-Reinforced Polypropylene-Spent Coffee Ground Composites
N. Jaya Chitra
5. Processing and Mechanical Characterization of Short Banana-Jute Hybrid Fiber-Reinforced Polyester Composites
Siva Bhaskara Rao Devireddy and Sandhyarani Biswas
6. Graphene and Graphene-Based Polymer Nanocomposites: The New Wonder Materials of the Nanoworld
Ujjal K. Sur
7. Preparation and Characterization of ZnO Doped Cts/PEG–Ag Nano Composite for Impacting Photocatalytic Response
T. Kokila et al.
8. Development of High-Performance in-Situ Polypropylene/Nylon 6 Microfibrillar Composites
B. D. S. Deeraj, K. Jayanarayanan, and Kuruvilla Joseph
9. Effect of Co-Precipitation on the Physico Mechanical and Dielectric Properties of Nickel Ferrite Embedded Natural Rubber Composites
Sankar S. Menon et al.
10. Effect of Initiating Systems on the Viscoelastic Behavior of SBR-PMMA Interpenetrating Polymer Networks
Jose James, George V. Thomas, and Sabu Thomas
11. Influence of Cationic, Anionic, and Nonionic Surfactants on Hydrothermal Synthesis of Nano CuS: Structural, Morphological, and Capacitance Behavior
D. Geetha, P. S. Ramesh, and Surekha Podili
12. An Experimental Study on the Influence of Polymeric Nano-TiO2 in Cement and Concrete for Its Dispersion, Structural Characterization, Mechanical Properties, and Its Performance under Aggressive Environment
Mainak Ghosal and Arun Kr. Chakraborty
13. Cooperative Molecular and Macroscopic Dynamics of Amorphous Polymers: A New Analytical View and Its Potential
José Joaquim C. Cruz Pinto and José Reinas S. André
14. Vibrational Modes of the Van Der Waals-London Silicon Clusters Si2 and Si3 in the Gas-Phase
Srećko Botrić and Ivan Zulim
15. Initial Flow Analysis in Crucible-Nozzle during the Planar Flow Melt Spinning Process
16. Corrosion Protective Methyl Substituted Polyaniline Coatings on Oxidizable Metals
Vandana P. Shinde and Pradip Patil