Politics: An Introduction available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
Barrie Axford is a Professor of Politics at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Victoria Browne is a Senior Lecturer in Politics at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Richard Huggins is a Principal Lecturer in Social Sciences at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Rico Isaacs is a Reader in Politics at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Table of ContentsList of figures
List of tables
Introduction, Barrie Axford and Gary Browning
Part I. People and Politics
1. The Individual and politics, Barrie Axford
2. Political socialisation: how people learn about politics, Ben Rosamond
3. Political culture, Ben Rosamond
4. Political participation, Barrie Axford and Ben Rosamond
5. Democracy and democratization, Richard Huggins
Part II: Politics and Ideas
6. Concepts and issues, Gary K. Browning
7. Political thought, Gary K. Browning
8. Political ideologies, Gary K. Browning
Part III: The Structures and Processes of Governance
9. Local governance: politics below the nation-state, Alan Grant
10. National governance: key institutions and processes, Richard Huggins
11. Parties, interest groups and public opinion, John Turner
12. Political communications and the media, John Turner
13. The policy process, John Turner
Part IV: Politics Beyond the Territorial State
14. The nation-state and Nationalism, Gary K. Browning and Ben Rosamond
15. Politics and governance above the territorial state, Ben Rosamond
16. The process of globalization, Barrie Axford