12.99 In Stock
The paperback edition of Howell Book House classic by one of the true innovators of dog training. This innovative training approach addresses dog owners' goals, offering training strategies that simulate problem behaviors and showing how to correct them.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Job Michael Evans was a past president of the Dog Writers Association of America. He authored numerous dog training classics, including The Evans Guide to Housetraining Your Dog and Training&Explaining: How to Be the Dog Trainer You Want to Be.
Table of ContentsForeword.
Note to Readers.
1. Wolves and Dogs.
2. Bitch Basics.
3. Prevention or Correction?
4. A Worthy Cause.
5. Do You Have the Dog You Want?
6. Do Dogs Feel Guilt or Shame?
7. Your Owner Personality or How to Drive Your Dog Nuts in Five Days or Less.
8. Look, See, Observe, Memorize, Insee.
9. RRRR: A Radical Regimen for Recalcitrant Rovers.
10. Setting Up Set-ups.
11. Why Set-ups Sometimes Foul Up.
12. Creative Avoidance.
13. Words Dogs Live By.
14. Praise Problems.
15. The Crate as Cop-out.
16. Our Own "Urine Analysis".
17. Aggressive Advice: An Open Letter to the Owners of Canine Terrorists.
18. To Come or Not to Come.
19. Nutrition Notes.
20. In the Trenches: Inside Information for Individuals "in Dogs"
21. The Trials of Trainers.
22. A Panoply of Problems.