Presents a critical, Neo-Marxist philosophy of education.
|Publisher:||State University of New York Press|
|Series:||SUNY Series, Teacher Empowerment and School Reform Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.18(w) x 9.30(h) x 0.78(d)|
About the Author
Moacir Gadotti is Associate Professor of Education at the University of Sao Paulo, and Director of the Paulo Freire Institute. He is Regional Director of the International Community Education Association (ICEA) in Latin America, and a member of the steering committee of the World University Service (WUS). Gadotti has written many books including Reading Paulo Freire: His Life and Work also published by SUNY Press.
Table of Contents
Beyond Humanistic Education: A Discussion with Moacir Gadotti
Peter L. McLaren
Dialectics, Conflict, and Dialogue
Carlos Alberto Torres
Why Pedagogy of Praxis?
1. Dialectics: Conception and Method
2. A Critique of Bourgeois Education
3. A Critique of Critical Pedagogy
4. Education and the Class Struggle
5. A Single School for Everyone
6. School As a Sociocultural Project
7. Citizen School
8. Sociocultural Diversity and Education for All