This expanded edition of the successful Graywind title, Managing Your Drug and Alcohol Problem: Therapist Guide provides an evidence-based treatment protocol for all types of substance use disorders. Designed to accompany the Managing Your Addictive Behavior: Workbook, Second Edition, this guide provides clinicians with valuable strategies for working with substance use disorders by focusing on specific issues involved in both stopping substance abuse and changing behaviors or lifestyle aspects that contribute to continued substance abuse. In addition to addressing professional approaches/attitudes toward the substance abusing client, assessment, psychosocial and pharamacotherapeutic treatment, and self-help programs, this expanded edition also includes a new chapter on the management of a co-occurring psychiatric disorder.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
About the Author
Daley has over 240 publications, including clinician treatment manuals, family and client educational books, workbooks, and videotapes on recovery from alcohol and drug problems, recovery from psychiatric disorders, recovery from dual disorders, and relapse prevention. He was the first professional in the United States to publish interactive workbooks on co-occurring disorders, and one of the first to publish similar materials on recovery from addiction. Dr. Daley's treatment models and recovery materials are used in numerous substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment programs throughout the United States and other countries. Marlatt is a Fellow of both the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society, and is a former president of the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy. He served as a member of the National Advisory Council on Drug Abuse at the National Institute on Drug Abuse from 1996 to 2002, and served on the National Advisory Council on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Subcommittee on College Drinking from 1998 to 2001.