A substance use problem exists when one experiences any type of difficulty related to using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs including illicit street drugs or prescribed drugs such as painkillers or tranquilizers. The difficulty can be in any area of life; medical or physical, psychological, family, interpersonal, social, academic, occupational, legal, financial, or spiritual.
This expanded new edition of the successful Graywind Publications title provides the reader with practical information and skills to help them understand and change a drug or alcohol problem. Designed to be used in conjunction with therapy or counseling, it focuses on special issues involved in stopping substance use and in changing behaviors or aspects of one's lifestyle that keep the substance use problem active. The information presented is derived from a wealth of research studies, and discusses the most effective recovery strategies from the examination of cognitive-behavoral treatment.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)