It is estimated that over 3 million people per year are injured in motor vehicle accidents and up to 45% of people in a serious auto accident develop posttraumatic stress disorder.
Written by the creators of an empirically supported cognitive-behavioral therapy program, this workbook includes all the information necessary for a client to learn the appropriate skills to overcome their MVA-related PTSD. When used in conjunction with the corresponding therapist guide, this book provides a complete treatment package with a proven success rate.
Through the use of this workbook, clients will become active participants in their supervised treatment. Clients will learn to alleviate their suffering through a variety of skills including relaxation techniques and exposure exercises. In addition, this workbook gives clients the opportunity to deal with other issues that may have resulted from the accident such as anger, numbness, estrangement, and others.
Overcoming the Trauma of Your Motor Vehicle Accident Workbook comes complete with assessments to be completed at various stages throughout treatment, as well as blank forms used to monitor progress that can be photocopied or downloaded from the Treatments That Work website. It is a one-of-a-kind resource that allows clients to work alongside their therapist to personalize their treatment strategy and overcome their PTSD.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Table of Contents
2. Overview of the Program
3. Pre-Treatment Assessment
4. Session 1
5. Session 2
6. Session 3
7. Session 4
8. Session 5
9. Session 6
10. Mid-Treatment Reassessment
11. Sessions 7-9
12. End of Treatment Reassessment
13. Session 10-Termination Session
About the Authors