"Time is such a gift and with Organize Your Life I have found more of it! This book is never far from my kitchen table."
—Trish McEvoy, founder of Trish McEvoy cosmetics and author of The Power of Makeup
"Ronni Eisenberg and Kate Kelly have done it again! Those who seek to organize their chaotic lives stand to profit greatly."
—Stephanie Winston, author of Getting Organized
"How can I find time to do everything I need to do?" "How can I make more time just for me?" If you ever ask yourself these questions, this is the book for you. Let time management and organizational expert Ronni Eisenberg show you how to make time for what's important to you!
You'll discover eight simple steps to regain control of your life, learn how to plan and prioritize to save time, and get things done. Whether you're overwhelmed by things to do (errands, phone calls, picking up, or putting away) or things you have (clothing you never wear, piles of paperwork, overflowing closets, and stuffed storage boxes), this book is filled with easy tools and tips to get organized in every area of your life.
- Make time around the house: Learn to control clutter and organize your storage, housework, kitchen, laundry, bills and papers, magazines, and holiday gifts and entertaining.
- Make time at work: Take charge of paperwork and filing, computers, e-mail, and your cell phone and create a workspace that really works.
- Make time for family: Set up simple systems for kids' rooms and toys, plan painless family vacations, and schedule in family fun.
- Make time for yourself: The speedy "Get It Done!" system of sanity savers and quick-start suggestions will help you do just about everything faster and find more time every day for exercise, hobbies, and relaxing "mini-vacations" just for you.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.14(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.71(d)|
About the Author
KATE KELLY is a professional writer.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
PART ONE. MAKE TIME: PLANNING AND PRIORITIES.
1. Eight Steps to Regaining Control of Your Life.
2. Take Back Your Time Using a Daily Planner.
3. The Amazing Power of the To-Do List.
4. How to Get Things Done and Still Have Time for Yourself.
5. Overcoming the Three Thieves: Lateness, Interruptions, and Procrastination.
PART TWO. MAKE TIME AROUND THE HOUSE: HOUSEHOLD STORAGE TO HOLIDAY PLANNING IN HALF THE TIME.
6. Household Storage.
7. Clearing the Clutter.
8. Housework Quick and Easy.
9. The Kitchen.
10. Express Laundry.
11. Household Paper Management.
12. The Holidays.
PART THREE. THE “GET IT DONE!” SYSTEM: HOW TO DO EVERYTHINJG FASTER ( AND BETTER) AND FIT THE THINGS YOU WANT INTO YOUR LIFE.
13. “Get It Done”: the Personal Side.
14. “Get It Done” at Home.
15. “Get It Done” While Commuting, Traveling, Just Having Fun, or Sleeping.
PART FOUR: MAKE TIME AT THE OFFICE: FROM THE PAPER BURDEN TO EVERYTHING ELECTRONIC.
16. A Workspace That Works.
17. Paperwork and Filing.
18. E-mail, Computers, and Cell Phones.
19. Office Systems and Shortcuts.
PART FIVE. MAKE TIME: YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
20. Family Systems and Shortcuts.