Have you ever wondered how Thor got his hammer?
Norse Mythology: Classic Stories of the Norse Gods, Goddesses, Heroes, and Monsters contains stories passed down from the ancient Norse religion, practiced by the Vikings and other northern people who live in modern-day Scandinavia, Iceland, and throughout the British Isles.
Inside this book you will find myths that answer the following questions:
- How did Odin form the world from Ymir's body and make men and women from wood?
- What are the names of the nine realms and who (or what) live in them?
- Why does Odin have only one eye and why does Tyr have only one hand?
- Where the gift of poetry comes from?
- Who are Loki's children and why does Odin fear them?
- Why do the gods fear the end of the world and what will happen at Ragnarok?
In this book, you will also find many stories about the gods Thor and Loki and their exploits in the land of the giants.
You will read the story of the dwarf Andvari and his golden ring-the myth that is the basis for Robert Wagner's famous opera The Ring of Nibelung as well as J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy.
And, in these pages, you will find the story of the mortal hero Sigurd and his battle with the dragon Fafnir.
Whether you are new to Norse Mythology or looking to dive into the rich, fantastical world, Norse Mythology: Classic Stories of the Norse Gods, Goddesses, Heroes, and Monsters is the place to start!