Natural Jerky Making Business Startup
How to Start, Run & Grow a Profitable Beef Jerky Business From Home!
I am a retired butcher; I worked with meat products for 37 long years, so the meat has been a big part of my life. As a hobby, I started experimenting with making various types of jerky in my free times, and soon I realized this is a very addictive, fun and rewarding hobby. The way I discovered the rewarding part was when one day just for fun I set up a table at the local flea market to see if anyone would be interested in trying my jerky. I took roughly about 25 lbs. supply with me. At first, I just ask random people if they wanted to try a sample of my creation. 6 out of 10 people I asked agreed and most of them liked the taste of the jerky enough that they bought from me. To my surprise, in just two hours I was completely sold out with enough request and orders for the next week that I was blown away.
Long story short, I became a regular at the flea market and typically sold about 150-250 lbs. of jerky each weekend. From there I was approached by a grocery company that sells to gas stations and convenience stores in 5 states. But to sell to this grocery company, I had to come up with high-quality packaging, which I did. It took about two months to get all the details worked out, and then I started to wholesale to this company. Their average monthly order grew from just 500lbs the first months to little over 2500 lbs. in just five months. Once again I was blown away with the demand.
Fast forward nine years, I sold my business for a decent price and decided to retire and enjoy life a little.
I wrote this book to show you that if I can do it, I know anyone can. I was not even a good cook if you don't believe me just ask Ann, my wife of 35 years, she will tell you.
In this book, I share all the inner workings of jerky and how to get started in Jerky business. I get down to the nitty-gritty of meat and how the process works and what and how you can get started. One word of caution though, If you are just looking for jerky recipes, then this may not be the book for you. There are just a handful of Recipes inside; here my goal is to get your creative side to come out, experiment and create something that has your unique taste and signature all over it.
In This Book, I Share:
- How To Learn, Analyze And Identify The Proper Meat For Jerky Making
- Understanding The Workings Of Meat Fat
- Selection And Grading Of Various Meat Types
- Categories Of Process Meats
- How To Prepare And Marinate The Meat For Jerky Making
- The Total Jerky Making Process
- How To Make Ground Meat Jerky
- How To Make Wild Game Jerky, Biltong & Pemmican
- All Non Meat Ingredients In Jerky Making(Additives, Color, Fillers And Binders)
- How To Enhance Color And Flavor
- Various Curing Process Of Meat Products
- Various Smoking Process Of Meat Products
- Various Drying Process Of Meat Products
- Jerky Safety Procedure
- Proper Storage And Preservation Process
On The Business Side I Share:
- What Equipment You Will Need To Get Started
- How To Set Up Your Business
- How To Setup A Legal Entity
- 6 Must Do's As You Start
- 5 Business Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost
- How To Create Proper Packaging & Labeling For Your Products
- What Regulations You Need To Be Aware Of
- How And Where To Sell Your Jerky
- How To Promote & Market Your New Business
- Handful Of Recipes To Try Out
A special gift at the end of the book just for you (Hint: some of my best selling recipes)
Happy jerky making folks! Enjoy!
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.55(d)|
About the Author
"I have known Jim for a good 20 years; I first tried his unique Sweet and spicy beef jerky when he was still making it at home for friends and family. As an avid hunter, I have eaten my fair share of jerky, but nothing like what he made. His jerky was always unique, soft, always left me with wanting few more pieces. He sent me this manuscript to read it over, as I knew he had been hard at work writing this book for six months. But as I read it, I felt like I was finally able to see what and how he made his jerky. Just by reading this awesome guide, I am not starting to try a few batches too. This is a GREAT book for anyone wants to learn about making great tasting jerky of all kinds. He teaches you everything you need to know about it. I guarantee you that much" - Fred Jackson
Jim Davis worked as a butcher for a meat processing company in South Bend Indiana for 37 years. He owned and operated his own Homemade All Natural Jerky Business for 10 years until he sold it in 2016. He is now retired and enjoys fishing and hunting. He now lives in Jacksonville, Florida with his wife Ann.