- Power packed hands-on guide to help you become pro-efficient with NativeScript
- Create highly maintainable and feature-rich apps with TypeScript and NativeScript APIs
This book assumes you have a general understanding of TypeScript, have heard of NativeScript and know what it's about, and are familiar with Angular (2.0). You don't need to be an expert in any of these technologies, but having some sense of them before reading is recommended this book, which is ideal for intermediate to advanced users.What You Will Learn
- Bootstrap a NativeScript for Angular app
- Best practices for project organization
- Style your app with CSS/SASS
- Use Angular together with NativeScript to create cross-platform mobile apps
- Take advantage of powerful Angular features, such as Dependency Injection, Components, Directives, Pipes, and NgModules right within your NativeScript apps
- Gain insight into great project organization and best practices
- Use Objective C/Swift and Java APIs directly from TypeScript
- Use rich framework features and third-party plugins
- Style your app with CSS/SASS
- Integrate @ngrx/store + @ngrx/effects to help with state management
- Test your app with Karma and Appium
This book focuses on the key concepts that you will need to know to build a NativeScript for Angular mobile app for iOS and Android. We'll build a fun multitrack recording studio app, touching on powerful key concepts from both technologies that you may need to know when you start building an app of your own. The structure of the book takes the reader from a void to a deployed app on both the App Store and Google Play, serving as a reference guide and valuable tips/tricks handbook.
By the end of this book, you'll know majority of key concepts needed to build a successful NativeScript for Angular app.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.81(d)|
About the Author
Nathan Walker has enjoyed the opportunity to work in the web/mobile app development arena for more than 15 years. He cofounded nStudio LLC, a professional software development services and consulting company specializing in Angular and NativeScript integrations, while also working with Tryon Creek Software based out of Portland, OR. His varied background rooted in the world of design and arts provides him with a unique approach to problem solving. Spending several years working across multiple industries, including entertainment, audio/video production, manufacturing, b2b marketing, communications, and technology, helped establish an attitude that is focused on client needs.
Nathanael J. Anderson has been developing software for over 20 years in a wide range of industries including games, time management, imaging, service, printing, accounting, land management, security, the web, and even, believe it or not, some successful government projects.
He is currently the owner of Master Technology, co-founder of nStudio, LLC, and can create a solution for any type of application (native, web, mobile and hybrid) running on any operating system. As a senior devops engineer he can work, tune, and secure everything from your backend servers to the final destination of the data on your desktop or mobile devices. By understanding the entire infrastructure, including real or virtualized hardware; he can totally eliminate many different types of issue between all parts of the framework.
He currently runs the entire NativeScript.rocks family of sites, has multiple highly rated cross-platform plugins for NativeScript and works heavily in the NativeScript community.