Motion Picture Mega-Industry / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
What are the driving forces behind the film industry? How does the creative side gel with the business side? This book explores this fascinating industry in detail and answers the questions never-before answered. The Motion Picture Mega Industry is an in-depth exploration of the movie industry from the early developments to its current multi-billion dollar influence on today's society. Barry Litman has produced a truly unique text drawing on contributions from some of the top scholars in the field. The book examines the business of motion pictures; how the industry is structured; what ethics and morals are commonplace; the current issues that are affecting the motion picture industry today. It includes explicit chapters on conglomerates, mergers, copyright, censorship, and more. Movie industry buffs. Part of The Allyn & Bacon Series in Mass Communication.
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Series:||Allyn and Bacon Series in Mass Communication Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.98(h) x 0.68(d)|
Table of Contents
I.THE BUSINESS OF MOTION PICTURES.
2. Business History of the Industry.
3. The Current Structure of the Industry.
4. The Conduct and Performance of the Industry.
5. Famous Antitrust Cases.
6. The Other Exhibition Windows.
II.CURRENT RESEARCH AND ISSUES.
7. Merger Madness, Barry Litman and Anne M. Hoag.
8. Conglomerate Entry, Lawrence Collette.
9. Consumer Selection of Motion Picture, Indra DeSilva.
10. Predicting Success of Motion Pictures, Barry Litman and Hoekyun Ahn.
11. Copyright, Censorship, and Racy Issues, Erik S. Lunde.
12. The Relationship Between Film Content and Economic Factors, Gary Hoppenstand.
Appendix A: Microeconomic Foundations.
Appendix B: The Industrial Organization Model.
Appendix C: Merger Analysis.
List of Additional Reading Materials.