Your hands-on guide to building effective Power BI dashboards
Expand your expertise–and teach yourself how to create world-class Power BI business analysis dashboards that bring data to life for better decision-making. If you’re an experienced business intelligence professional or manager, you’ll get all the guidance, examples, and code you need to succeed–even if you’ve never used Power BI before.
- Successfully design, architect, and implement Power BI in your organization
- Take full advantage of any Microsoft Power BI platform, including Power BI Premium
- Make upfront decisions that position your Power BI project for success
- Build rich, live dashboards to monitor crucial data from across your organization
- Aggregate data and data elements from numerous internal and external data sources
- Develop dynamic visualizations, including charts, maps, and graphs
- Bring data to life with stunning interactive reports
- Ensure dashboard security and compliance
- Drive user adoption through effective training
About the Author
Errin O’Connor is the founder and chief architect of EPC Group. O’Connor focuses his efforts on implementing technologies in organizations throughout the country and around the globe. For more than 20 years, O’Connor has assisted in managing EPC Group’s corporate strategy and architects the proven methodologies around business intelligence, collaboration, enterprise content management, and custom application development that have set EPC Group apart from its competitors. EPC Group has completed more than 5,000 Power BI, SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft stack-related implementations, including efforts around business intelligence (BI), custom application development, hybrid cloud strategy, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, SQL Server, Microsoft Intune, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Project Server. Founded in 1997, EPC Group has pioneered the way organizations implement BI platforms and collaborate.
In addition to this book, O’Connor is also the author or co-author of three other books: SharePoint 2013 Field Guide: Advice from the Consulting Trenches (Sams Publishing, 2014), Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010: Inside Out (Microsoft Press, 2011), and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Inside Out (Microsoft Press, 2007). O’Connor is a frequent speaker at Microsoft Power BI, Office 365, and Microsoft SharePoint events throughout the United States and Canada.
For more information about O’Connor and EPC Group, visit www.epcgroup.net or contact the company at email@example.com.
Table of Contents1. Introduction of Power BI
2. Power BI architecture and administration
3. Visuals in Power BI
4. Power BI report development
5. Use DAX in Power BI
6. Develop Power BI reports from Excel
7. Develop Power BI reports from SharePoint Online
8. Develop Power BI reports from SharePoint On-Premises
9. Develop Power BI reports from SQL
10. Develop Power BI reports from SSAS cube
11. Develop Power BI reports from Azure SQL
12. Develop Power BI reports from Oracle
13. Develop Power BI reports from Dynamics 365