FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Critical insight into the RBRVS system — detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes.
- Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules, and the conversion factor — covers new payment rules that take effect in 2021.
- Updated RVUs for 2021 CPT® codes including every RVU element — Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance.
- List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS–coded procedures and services — calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values.
- List of RVUs for anesthesiology services.
- List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs) for each for each Medicare payment locality — Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance.
|Publisher:||American Medical Association|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
About the Author
The American Medical Association has promoted scientific advancement, improved public health and protected the patient-physician relationship since its establishment in 1847. The AMA is the premier national organization dedicated to empowering the nation’s physicians to provide safer, higher quality and more efficient care to patients and communities. For more information on the AMA, please visit ama-assn.org.For more than 50 years, the AMA, in drawing upon its deep expertise and resources, has authored and published books, data files and online resources that answer the needs of today’s busy physicians and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation, impairment, HIPAA and electronic health records. For more information on all AMA products, please visit amastore.com.