Medical Terminology Online for The Language of Medicine (User Guide and Access Code) / Edition 10 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Medical Terminology Online is a fun, interactive way to help you master the medical vocabulary presented in Davi-Ellen Chabner's The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition. Corresponding to the chapters in the textbook, dynamic online modules reinforce your understanding and bring medical terminology to life. Video clips, animations, and slide shows demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, while engaging exercises challenge you to apply medical terms to the clinical setting.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Narrated animations and slide shows demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- Unique! Over 1,200 drawings and graphics reinforce learning with many more illustrations than are included in the textbook.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- Threaded case studies follow patients with particular medical conditions throughout an entire module to show the real-life applications of medical terminology.
- Take It In activity asks you to read a clinical vignette and immediately answer questions, helping you understand and use medical terminology in context.
- End-of-module exams assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor.
- Glossary of over 5,000 terms includes definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- NEW terms and abbreviations reflect advances in technology and changes in healthcare delivery.
- NEW! Larger screen area makes it easier to view illustrations, play animations, and do activities.
- Enhanced exercises improve learning with word building, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, labeling, and case studies.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Module 1: Basic Word Structure Module 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole Module 3: Suffixes Module 4: Prefixes Module 5: Digestive System Module 6: Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology Module 7: Urinary System Module 8: Female Reproductive System Module 9: Male Reproductive System Module 10: Nervous System Module 11: Cardiovascular System Module 12: Respiratory System Module 13: Blood System Module 14: Lymphatic/Immune System Module 15: Musculoskeletal System Module 16: Skin Module 17: Sense Organs: Eye and Ear Module 18: Endocrine System Module 19: Cancer Medicine (Oncology) Module 20: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Module 21: Pharmacology Module 22: Psychiatry