Medical Law, Ethics, & Bioethics for the Health Professions / Edition 7 available in Paperback
- “Have a Care” the now-classic, intimate story of one author that illustrates the heart of the law and ethics of health care.
- Thought-provoking vignettes and case studies, adapted from case law or based on real-world situations.
- CAAHEP and ABHES competencies clearly outlined at the beginning of every chapter.
- Appendices that include Codes of Ethics, such as including the Hippocratic Oath, AAMA creed, and Principles of Medical Ethics; plus Sample Documents on important healthcare and end-of-life decisions.
- Pedagogically rich chapters feature… Key Terms with definitions • Learning Outcomes • Powerful quotes for insights • Key Icons that point out important content • Summaries • “Chapter Review Questions” and • “In the News” boxes that explore current event issues related to case laws covered in the chapter.
- Classroom exercises to stimulate further discussions.
- Websites resources and references to encourage additional research.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1. Understanding the Basics
1. Medical Law, Ethics, and Bioethics
2. Medical Practice Management
3. The Health Care Team in the Ambulatory Setting
Unit 2. Law, Liability, and Duties
4. State and Federal Regulations
5. Professional Liability
6. Law for Health Professionals
7. Public Duties
Unit 3. Workplace Issues
9. Medical Records
10. Reimbursement and Collection Practices
11. Employment Practices
12. A Cultural Perspective for Health Professionals
Unit 4. Bioethical Issues
13. Allocation of Scarce Medical Resources
14. Genetic Engineering
15. Reproductive Issues
16. End of Life Issues
Have a Care!
Codes of Ethics
Sample Documents for Choices about Health Care, Life, and Death
Index of Resources