Managing Tourette Syndrome: A Behavioral Intervention Workbook, Parent Workbook available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Oxford University Press
35.95 In Stock
If your child has Tourette Syndrome (TS), or any other chronic motor or vocal tic disorder, you know how important it is to get the best treatment available. Behavior therapy, as described in this workbook, is a treatment for tic disorders that is scientifically proven to help sufferers of TS manage their symptoms.
This 11-session program involves helping your child become aware of his tics and the situations that make them worse. In conjunction with visits to a qualified mental health professional, your family will learn to restructure your child's environment so tics occur less frequently. With your help, your child will create a list of tics to be addressed during treatment. Each week a new tic will be targeted and your child will be taught specific exercises for managing that tic. The program also includes relaxation techniques designed to help your child combat anxiety and stress. Relapse prevention strategies will help your family maintain progress and keep your child motivated long after treatment has ended.
Complete with psychoeducational information, as well as child-friendly forms and worksheets, this workbook will help your family better understand TS and the ways you can effectively support your child. The goal of this program is not to cure the tic disorder, but to teach your child skills for managing tics well into the future.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)