Making Sense of Leadership identifies the five key roles used by effective leaders. A practical, accessible and solution-focused book, it helps entrepreneurs, managers and leaders develop their leadership skills. The authors examine successful leaders to determine the type of leadership roles which succeed. This allows them to present five distinct roles of leadership, which are used to promote positive change and innovation. The authors encourage the reader to play with these, recognizing and taking on those elements which most appropriately suit their situation.
Discovering these roles offers an important guide to the new leader, in order for them to shape their own leadership approach. It also provides interesting challenges to the existing leader who wants to refresh their stance in order to tackle a new situation. The book is supported by exercises for both individuals and groups, so that the text can also be used as a learning and development resource and for team facilitation and one-to-one coaching.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Esther Cameron is a freelance change adviser and coach who supports senior leaders and their
teams and organizations through change. Her recent clients include Shell, Tata Steel, Canaccord
Genuity and several British government departments.
Mike Green is the Managing Director of Transitional Space, a consultancy firm that specializes in change management, leadership development and individual and team coaching. He is a Visiting Executive Fellow at Henley Business School and also delivers accredited programmes in change management to senior managers and change agents in the UK, Africa and the Middle East.
Table of Contents
- Section - ONE: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Leading from the inside out;
- Chapter - 02: How to use this book;
- Chapter - 03: The five roles – an overview;
- Chapter - 04: Arriving at the five roles;
- Section - TWO: Understanding the five roles;
- Chapter - 05: The Edgy Catalyser;
- Chapter - 06: The Visionary Motivator;
- Chapter - 07: The Measured Connector;
- Chapter - 08: The Tenacious Implementer;
- Chapter - 09: The Thoughtful Architect;
- Section - THREE: The research;
- Chapter - 10: What roles do effective leaders use?;
- Chapter - 11: Which roles are needed when?;
- Section - FOUR: Expanding your role repertoire;
- Chapter - 12: Self-assessment;
- Chapter - 13: How to step into a new role;
- Chapter - 14: The shadow side;
- Section - FIVE: Resources for developing others;
- Chapter - 15: Useful exercises for groups and teams;
- Chapter - 16: The roles in action